NEW RACE PREP FORECASTS FOR 2017-2018 WILL BEGIN AS SOON AS SCHEDULES ARE OUT

NorAm/Calforex Cup #1

So far the weather forecast is really unstable for Canmore and if true the snow conditions will change 2 more times before race day!  As of now we recommend having 2 pairs of skis ready - one pair for softer snow conditions with an MGR2 grind on and a second pair for medium hard pack conditions with GR1 grind.  We will get out and test again Wednesday or Thursday and provide another update.  Until then train smart and test your skis!!

 

Useful Links

http://biathloncanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/NorAm-1-2017-invitation.pdf

Canmore Nordic Centre Weather Stations

Canmore Nordic Centre Webcam

Environment Canada Weather Forecast – Canmore

Swix Wax Wizard


Calforex #4

Well better late than never the saying goes!  Well they keep calling for cold and snow to start - but it hasnt happened yet.  As of 10pm on Friday we still have a pretty strong west wind which typically does not give us much in the way of snow and our temps are still more than pleasant.  So as I have been telling everyone who asks - I will believe the heavy snow fall when I see it!  Also of interest is that for about the last 2.5 weeks environment Canada temp forecasts have been quite a lot colder than our reality.  Of course I am not a weather man but that is how I see it.   For racing  then I would have 2 pairs of skis ready- one pair of medium stiffness skis with a GR1 grind - which would have been an excellent choice if racing were today - a second pair of medium to softer skis with an MGR2 grind  in the event that snow does in fact arrive.  Good luck with racing and test your skis!

Canmore Nordic Centre Webcam

Environment Canada Weather Forecast – Canmore

Swix Wax Wizard